Sunday, August 16, 2015

This year I planned on hitting the ground running as we started the new school year! Each year I feel as though I've done everything I could to prepare myself, but always fall short. It's a "teacher thing" I'm sure. I wanted to get my students started off on the right foot this year with a little back to school puzzle. I purchased a pink eraser from the store, as they are fairly inexpensive. I wrapped each individual eraser in a small sheet of wax paper so that it looked like a piece of bubble gum. On the wax paper I wrote the idiom "Chew on this". The "gum" was placed on a note that was attached to a poster that stated "Mistakes are only proof that you are trying." The idea was for the students to start thinking about idioms, school, curriculum, and come to the conclusion that mistakes are truly okay to make in class because it demonstrates that we are trying to learn something new. It was a really cute way to get the students thinking!

Idiom Note home

No comments:

Post a Comment